Tuesday 21 February 2012

Christmas 2011



Just as I did the year before, I decided to make a new series of Christmas decorations to sell. 2010's decorations were all 2D squares with pictures felted onto them. They looked good but I wanted to go step further this time and create characters and give them a bit more oomph with some 3D features. So I began by making father christmas's with bulgy noses and I only loosely felted his beard so it was left fluffy. I also made snow man with carrot noses that stuck out and christmas pudding with berries. They looked good and I have sold a few so I was pleased. Then I decided to make some baby penguins after seeing a trailer for Happy Feet 2 and they were soooo popular :) He had a little round bulgy beak and looked very cute.


When placing orders, a few people asked me if I could put names or dates on to the decorations so I bought a few felt heart tags (I wouldn't normally buy them but I didn't have much time) and felted '2011' onto them and and hung them from the bottom of the character. With the names, I felted them onto the main part of the decoration. Most people wanted penguins so it was usually across their belly.

I had a large order of ten dated decorations. The pic below shows the collection of them together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment