Monday 14 November 2011

New Start

Right. I'm back guys! 

It's been a crazy few months since I last posted. I've had a lot of changes and faf going on, which meant I lost my focus slightly and neglected my drawing and my felts and all the creative things I love doing and was determined to use to get me places and out of this boring little rut I have slipped in to! 

Anyway, the last two weeks or so I have been slooooowly busting out and drawing a wee bit more. Just a few doodles and quick sketches in a little sketchbook I bought from Paperchase (a a5 version of the last one I bought from there.) I have also been asked to draw a portrait of a dog for someone so I have been practising for that a little bit. But this morning I woke up feeling so fed up and bored of my days. My hours have been reduced at work so basically 4 days a week I'm just floating around, bored out of my brain, wanting to do more. But all my belongings are all over the place, and my felting bits and bobs are off in another village so even though I've been wanting to do that I've been too lazy to go get them and lug them back on the train. 

But... like I said, today I am feeling so fed up of things being like that! This time last year I had so many dreams of getting Felted Thoughts going as a business, I had people willing to help, I had money leant to me to get supplies and I started banging out so many little handmade felts. I had lots of orders for them and sold a few but then things turned poo and I lost such a good opportunity. So I'm going to drag it back! 

My plan for today is after a hunt for a job that I'm better suited to (didn't really have much luck on that!), write up a list of felted pieces I could make and who I could sell them to, hunt for any craft fayres that are occurring over the next year, finish setting up my Felted Thoughts Etsy shop, have a nose at what other people are doing with this sort of thing and then if I have time, hop on the train and go and fetch my wool and needles. If I don't have time I will go to town and buy some. I need some new needles anyway. 

Oh and I keep getting told to watch Kirstie's Home Made Home because she's been doing needle felting and entered competitions with it. I didn't really want to at first because I thought she would just been teaching you how to do it and obviously I know that already but the competition part of it has made me prick me ears so try fit that in over the next 2 days as well. 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck hun. :) I've been meaning to update my blog for aggggggges...

    ReplyDelete