Sunday 6 March 2011

Keyring Numero One!

Last night I stayed up late to try and attempt to make my first keyring. Earlier in the day I had gone into a little shop in town called The Bead Pot to gather some bits and bobs. I bought a few keyring hoops (not sure what their proper name is but I mean the ones that you can split and attach to your keys), one belt loop clasp thing and some jump rings and thought I'd give them a go and see how they look. I also spotted some rings with little holes in which I thought I could try and sew some felted pieces to, and some hair grips which I will try and do the same thing with! My stock is slowly growing!

I also went and bought my self an uber cheap sketchbook for 99p which I have started to fill with ideas. I was going to post some pictures of my quick little doodles but the book has done a runner somewhere and I can't find it! Grr!

Anyway, I have a taken a photo if my first keyring on my DS as its quicker to upload it. The quality isn't brilliant but I'll take a better photo soon...


Here's Mimi...
She does need a wee bit of tidying up around the edges and I haven't properly trimmed the threads at the back yet where I have stitched on the bead and around the edge of her dress... but you get the idea :)


I've named her Mimi after me... cheekily! But Shes my first and she looks like a Mimi, and that's my mums pet name for me and has been since I was little. LOL... so yeh :)
What do folk think anyway? Feedback?


1 comment: