Monday 19 July 2010

The Latest Project...


A couple of weeks ago I began filling a new sketchbook with drawings of things from the outdoors. I'm trying to develop prints and pieces based on outdoors during summer. So generally leaves, trees, flowers etc. I've been doing a fair number of my back garden which has been quite fun
because there's so much going on in it at the moment.


I have cut up one of my Fiancee's old t-shirts (I did ask permission first!) and have started to paint inks onto them, and wash over them with water, which works quite nicely. I love using this apple green pen that I have. When the water soaks into it, it draws out some nice blue colours.

In the post this morning I received some free fabric samples :) which have turned out to be very useful indeed. I have began to try out little things on them, including a little image transfer process using acrylic paint that one of my friends from uni taught me.


I also received a lovely parcel from my Nanny with a huge amount of wool fibres in so I have more to experiment with for my felts :) I was sooo happy :) so i'll be getting on with that pretty sharp-ish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment